Monday, December 29, 2008

Visiting my Sister Part 2

The next morning when I got up I looked outside and saw this...
It had snowed the night before.

My sister and I were planning a trip to Albany, the town we grew up in . It is only 20 minutes from where my sister lives, so it was not that far.

In the afternoon most of the snow had melted and we headed South.

The 1st place we went was the house we grew up in, man it is a lot smaller than I remember. It has changed quite a bit, but yet it looked the same
Even the color was the same, there use to be two trees in the front, but they are long gone.

We then went downtown, to see the tree the county planted in memory of my mother. She had worked for the county for years, and when she passed away, they planted a tree and put up a plaque. When the planted the tree, it was as tall as I am. Man, has it grown


After that, we headed to my mom's best friend Anne's house. Julie was a bit tired, she stayed at Anne's and I headed over and visited the parent of my Best friend in high school. Now, it has been, maybe 15 years since I had seen them, but to me, they still looked the same as they did when I was in high school. I had a really nice visit with them

I went back to Anne's place and then we headed out for dinner. We went to my mom's favorite Chinese restaurant, Ping's I think, and a had a really great dinner.

We then went back to Anne's, who has a beautiful new house, and said our good bye's. I had to get a picture of her and Julie in front of her tree.

It was a great visit, brought back a lot of memories, a lot of good ones. How much the town I grew up in, has changed...but yet stayed the same....