Friday, December 19, 2008

Visiting my sister

Last weekend, Dec 12th I do believe, my sister was having a Holiday party at her house, and I decide to go.

Now, it has been about 4 years since I have seen my sister and she lives in Salem Oregon, not far from the town I grew up in . So I decided to go and pay her a visit.

I took the train down, it isn't that far away, I would say about 4 hours by car. But the train was about 6 hours and was only 77 dollars round trip.

It was a great ride, and great views.

I got there about 3PM.

That night my sister had her Christmas party, it was very festive, and lots of food, most she made herself.
She even had a tree up, that her friend Sara help decorate. Julie, my sister, has all the Christmas decorations from when we were kids and it was really nice to see them all.

I helped in the kitchen a bit, and then Julie wanted a picture of us in front of the tree.

My shirt was wet because I was doing dishes. How domestic am I.
I also took some video of her place



She also had a theme, Wear an ugly sweater or dress like someone from "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation". I don't own any sweaters and had only seen the movie once. But one of her friend, Brent, I think. Dressed like cousin Eddie from the movie and he looked just like him

It was a fun party, my sister has good friends.

1 comment:

Karen Tews Lien said...

So glad you were able to go and see Julie! Looks like a fun time!!