Saturday, April 5, 2008

DAMMIT! Pt. 2

Ok, you would figure that with all the driving I have been doing, I would have passed my emissions test.

I got up early and drove 30 miles before my test, and guess what, still no pass, but no fail. They gave me the ole "drive around more" schpeel , but I said...I have been doing that.

I then went back to the place where I had it repaired. They did a test on it, which took an hour. They called me and said.." Well, the sensors didn't reset, and you have to take it to a dealer where you bought it, to have your on board computer "reflashed"" I was like WTF! I told them, the place I got my truck was Huling Brothers and they are out of business. They gave me the 800 number to a Ford dealer and call them. They did not charge me, they did it for free.

So, I call them and they said it would we 92.00, I was like, ok, might as well. Made the appointment, and asked where they were located, and he gave me some address that was SW 68th, I thought, that is here in West Seattle. I asked what the cross road was, and he said Hwy 217 and I-5...I thought for a bit...and paused..then he said...Tigard. For you of those that don't know...Tigard is in OREGON! out side of Portland. I told him I was in Seattle..then he says..." Will you be driving down for your appointment" I almost bust out laughing. I told him no.

I called the repair place and told him they gave me a number to a place in Oregon. They gave me a local place...well Burien, I called..made an appointment. There Emissions guy only works Monday - Friday. So now I have to take Friday off and take my truck in.

I just want this over. Anyone out there want to buy me a new truck?

No comments: