Saturday, March 29, 2008

DAMMIT!

Ya know, I love living in Seattle, it is a great city, but one draw back is the wonderful emissions testing you have to do when you live in a big city. Usually I have no problem with them, I always pass.

I am the worlds greatest procrastinator, my tags are up this month, so I went and got my testing done last weekend. I failed the test, my check engine light was on. I went and got it fixed, and cost me 107 dollars...only 43 dollars short of getting a "waiver" if I did not pass this time. They said a vacuum hose was loose and they put it back on and the "service engine" light went off and I was ready to go.

I went back to get tested today and I didn't fail, but I didn't pass. Come to find out, the all the sensors did not reset, so it was not ready to test. The testing guy said, " drive around for about 25-50 miles and it will reset".

So, I get on I-5 and head South and go as far as Des Moines, and back...30 miles...that should do it. I go in to get reseted..and they were not reset. I was not a happy bear. THEN they told me... you need to driver 10-15 miles...let your engine cool down, then drive 10-15 more..let it cool down.. you should be ready by Monday. MONDAY! I work on Monday's and they are open the same hours I work. Do they stay open past 5...NOOooOOO.

So, now I have to drive around all weekend....See if I can get off work early on Monday, and pay to God that I can pass this friggen test.

Ok, I know what you are thinking. If I would have done this when I got my renewal papers, I would not be in this mess. Yes, I know that..thank you Will I learn from this? Mostly likely probably, it is a 50/50 thing. But I will tell you this...next year......I will get it done on time.

Ok..time to go out for another drive.

1 comment:

Frank The Bear said...

I have never had trouble with emmisions testing; I always thought they were too easy in this state. Thanks for the heads up, I will get mine done early; my tags are up in May. Oh yeah, what happened to those $30 tags?