Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Candy Canes are EVIL!!

Ok, I said it, candy canes are evil, pure sugar sweet evil!

Yesterday at work, they opened the "Holiday Lounge", that has snacks and such for us during the holiday. Such as, cookies, mixed nuts, chex mix, candy canes and juice and water. Now, the nuts I can have, that is part of the diet.

I was munching on some nuts (take that any way you want) and one of my co-worker had a candy cane and said, "here have one". I thought, what harm would it do. I had one, was good..but then, that taste lingered in my mouth, sweet, sweet Peppermint...I had to have another..just one, it would not hurt. And of course, one more...and one more.. and one more. Now I know how a junkie feels. There is just something about them, that I just could not stop.

I didn't touch the cookies and such, no urge for them just the candy canes. I had a piece of fudge later on in the day, and that didn't sit right with me, and I just stopped. I think it is because the fudge has the fat and sugar and Candy cane are just plain sugar.

I avoiding the "Holiday Lounge" today, good thing it is on the second floor.

No comments: