Monday, December 10, 2007

My Diet

So, yes, I have been dieting and such and people have been asking me how I have done it, so I am going to tell ya now.

Let me tell you this first, there is no pill, miracle diet, no drink, no quick fix. It is hard work, plain and simple.

You want to have to do this, you can't do it half assed or anything like that, if you don't you won't be able to do it.

Chose a goal that is reachable. Don't say that you want lose 100 pounds, that is great final goal, but not an original goal. I did my goals in 25 pound increments. If you goal is 25 pounds and you lose 5 pounds, having only 20 pounds to go to your goal, is a lot more encouraging than know you have 95 pounds to go. Once you reach your goal of 25 pounds, set your next goal of 25 pounds, it adds up quick.

Find a diet that suites you. I have been on many diets, but I found out that the South Beach Diet worked best for me. I had a friend that did the diet, and I was able to talk to him about it and how it worked for him, and how it would work for me. Do your homework, ask around, talk to your doctor. My family has a history of diabetes, that is why the South Beach is working good for me.

The last, but not least, the thing that everyone hates, Exercise. Just like the weight loss, start out with a reachable goal. Don't go out and try to run 5 miles in shot, you will hurt, get pissed and give up. Start out slow, set a goal that is reachable, and shoot for that. I just added weights to my work out after doing cardio for 2 months. Do something you like to do. At work we have bikes, treadmills and elliptical machines. I hate, HATE the elliptical machines, I did it once..got 5 minutes into it, and said...I am not enjoying this...got off and got on the treadmill, and was much happier.

So, to break it down

  • You have to want to do it
  • Make reasonable goals
  • Find a diet that works for you
  • Do exercises you enjoy.
That is what I am doing and it seems to work for me.

I suppose I should throw in, before starting any diet or exercise program, talk to you doctor, keep them informed, I did,and I am glad I did.

Good Luck.

No comments: